[Elisa] RELEASE: Elisa 0.3.3 'Mayfly'

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Thu Jan 17 14:39:29 CET 2008

philippe at fluendo.com wrote :

> - new YouTube plugin

Is it normal to have it included as an already compiled x86 shared
library?

$ file elisa/plugins/ugly/youtube/libgstflvdemux.so
elisa/plugins/ugly/youtube/libgstflvdemux.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared
object, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

What about other architectures? Where is the source code? (I've had a
quick look and wasn't able to find it)

Also, the COPYING file now mentions that the core of Elisa is licensed
under the GPLv3. This is quite a major change, and could have been
highlighted better than just "GPL-Licence and copyright year update".

I'm looking forward to trying out this new version, but I first have to
sort out all of these things, as pre-compiled content isn't acceptable
for inclusion in Fedora, FLV demuxing might raise legal considerations,
and so could the switch to GPLv3. Yeah, all the fun stuff! :-/

Matthias

--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf) - Linux kernel 2.6.23.9-85.fc8
Load : 0.38 0.32 0.33